It’s summertime, which means school is out and kids are looking for fun activities to do. We have some ideas for your kids!
*Pioneer Hikes: Meet the naturalists at Creek Bend Nature Center for these afternoon hikes. Each walk will conclude at the Durant House, where weekly activities will take place.
- Timber! – Thursday, July 13; 1-2 p.m. @ Creek Bend Nature Center
- Snakes of the Prairie – Thursday, July 27; 1-2 p.m. @ Creek Bend Nature Center
*Family Fun Nights: Shake up your nightly routine this summer. Join us for a sunset hike and an easy craft. We’ll round out the night relaxing under the stars with an outdoor movie and popcorn.
- What’s the Buzz – Thursday, July 20; 7:30-9 p.m. @ Creek Bend Nature Center
- Rot ‘n Roll – Friday, Aug. 18; 7:30-9 p.m. @ Creek Bend Nature Center
*Firefly Fireworks: Explore the fascinating world of blinking bugs. This popular evening program begins with a walk and talk at dusk. We’ll watch the woods and prairie light up with thousands of flashing fireflies.
- Saturday, July 8; 8:30-9:30 p.m. @ Campton Forest Preserve
*Bat Watch: The fun starts at dusk! During this program, we’ll find bats using our “bat detector” which picks up bats’ “clicks” used in echolocation. We’ll also play some bat games.
- Tuesday, July 25; 8-9 p.m. @ Creek Bend Nature Center
- Saturday, July 29; 8-9 p.m. @ Binnie Forest Preserve
*Miniature Nature Masks: In this nature inspired class, artist Greta Bell will lead a walk to find materials that you will use to create your own mask. Step away from your everyday worries and take notice of the beautiful world around us.
- Thursday, Aug. 3; 1-3 p.m. @ Creek Bend Nature Center
Looking for more ideas? Subscribe to our TreeLine Newsletter. Email us at email@example.com, call us at 630-232-5980, or text FOREST to 42828 to subscribe.